CBFANC Educational Series
Wednesday, February 13, 2018
What Brokers & Importers Need to Know to Ensure Proper Valuation
Bonus Topic: Section 301 Duties -- Substantial Transformation
& its Impact on Country of Origin
George R. Tuttle III, Law Offices of George R. Tuttle
Join us for our February seminar concerning Customs Valuation and as a bonus topic, Country of Origin, whose responsibility is it? Our bonus topic will help brokers and importers learn how the Substantial Transformation rule can reduce exposures to Section 301 duties and avoid nasty surprises!
- Fundamentals of Customs Valuation: What to do when Transaction Value doesn’t apply?
- Transaction Value – Related Party Transfer Pricing: is it acceptable?
- “Sales for Exportation” – What’s new with “First Sale”?
- Assists & Supplemental Payments – What are they & how to report them properly
- Royalties/License Fees and other “additions to value”
- “Seller financed transactions” and “interest” charges
- Can I deduct that International Freight Charge?
- CBP’s Reconciliation Program, is it right for your client?
- Avoiding Section 301 Duties & the Substantial Transformation rule
8:00 am - registration; 8:30 am to 12:00 pm - seminar
Park Pointe Hotel (formerly CitiGarden Hotel)
245 S. Airport Blvd., South San Francisco 94080
Cost: $65.00 Members; $80.00 Non-Members; $30 Students
CCS Credit Approved (additional $10 fee)